Wednesday, March 15, 2006

First Timer

Hello and welcome to my blog. This is my first time to do this (yes, a blog virgin); so, please bare with me. It is funny how scary this is. I mean I am an English major and I consider myself an author...of sorts. I should be good at this. It should be a breeze for me, right? But, really it is scary as hell. I have been building it up all day. At work, I kept thinking about how I would start off or what I would include in my first post. Would I welcome my new readers? Would I tell my life story? Should I pick a definate format and stick it to? The problem is I am a perfectionist. Yes, a perfectionist who can't spell worth a damn! Putting something out there for other people to see (eventhough most of you will be strangers) scares me to death. Anyway, I am giving this a try and this is how I choose to start...

My muse...if you will. This brilliant and talented woman introduced me to the world of blogging. We will call her Babs. I didn't get to spend much time with Babs; however, it seems to be a pattern in my life that most influences don't stick around too long. It is as if they are there to get me started and then they move on down the road. What I loved most about Babs was her laugh and her love of naked-ness. People who love to be naked facinate me as I am not a lover of my own naked-ness. To be so comfortable with no barriars on my body, would be lovely. Oh, and her laugh...WOW. It is perfect. It is throaty and deep but feminine. She throws her head back and laughs from her belly like you just said the funniest thing in the world. It is the kind of laugh that I only wish I could pull off (rather than my Wilma Flinstone laugh that sounds like a whacked out chimpmunk). When she left she said, "Keep people laughing". I hope I can. Babs, I wish you the best of luck and hope that your new path is shiny, green and comfortable. Thank you for getting me started...

1 Comments:

Blogger BrianLaesch.com said...

Congratulations on joining blogging. ;)

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home