Friday, April 28, 2006

4.28.06 Friday Favorite


I am getting a kitten!!!!!!!!!!! I finally got my husband to agree. Now, I had to make a deal with him to get him to agree; but, I think the deal is TOTALLY worth it. I am getting him a much coveted paintball gun for his birthday and I am getting a kitten.

I have never had a kitten before. I have raised and trained two puppies; however, I have plenty of cat-owner friends that are more than willing to give advise on how to keep and raise a new kitten. The picture above is not a picture of the kitten I am adopting. The kitten that I am adopting is only 2 1/2 weeks old; so, I have to wait at least 4 more weeks before I can go get her. I have been promised pictures from her mom's owner and I will post those as soon as I get them.

Today's Friday Favorite is really a poll of what I should name my new kitten baby. I am having trouble finding a name. I have a month so I thought I would ask my readers what they think. I like unusual (but not outrageous) names. For example, if I were getting a boy kitten, I would name him Ezra. If I pick your name, I will send you a prize!! Tell me what you think.

11 Comments:

Blogger Vanda said...

I had a kitty alled Little Bit:-)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Vanda said...

I had a kitty alled Little Bit:-)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just love kitties! Sounds like a trade my husband would make too!

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you! we went to adopt a kitten too, but when we go there we just couldn't resist taking two lol. They are little monsters now, running around like crazed lunatics :)

Names I suggest for your kitty

Fortune cookie - Cookie for short
Kira - famous cartoon lioness
Elsa - another famous lioness

:)

2:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love kittens!! AND cats! We've adopted two. Tahoe and Winston (their blog is linked from my blog if you'd like to come visit)

Actually I was here to see if your Saturday Photo was up and read your post here. LOL

I too like to come up with very DIFFERENT names if I can. How 'bout "snickers" for a boy kitty, and santa Fay(Santa Fe)for a girl kitty.

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww... how cute. Lucky you.

Hm... For me, I just have to see the photo of the kitten first :-)

6:37 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Oh how fun! I want a new kitten too, I just haven't found one yet. How about Fozzie??

6:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the kitty! :)


Bizet is my choice. LOL

7:28 AM  
Blogger Haleigh Anne said...

Great names!! Keep them comin'!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

YOU definately got the better half of this deal! I have 3 kitties -- and I assure you, you will LOVE having your own! You can't not.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I'm so happy for you! I have to cats and I just love them so much!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home