Friday, June 16, 2006

6.16.06 My husband the Dream Pilot


My husband is training to be a pilot. It is a little funny because 3 1/2 years ago I had to drag him on the plane we took to Boston. Now, he LOVES the days he is doning autos and steap bank (scary ass) turns.

Well, today the president of his company bought flights on a World War II eara B-17. There were two flight times (1 PM and 4 PM) and each flight held 7 people. There are maybe 50 people in the office. My husband was one of the ones choosen to fly! He didn't seem too excited yesterday when he was told he had won a flight. Well...this is the email I got from him today after the flight.

"Sorry, I just got back from the B-17 trip and am not mentally inclined at the moment. Please check back when I find my mind!"

He was beside himself with excitement! I called him after I got the email and he wasn't able to talk because he wanted to watch the second flight take off.

I am so happy for him and so glad to know that he has found what he truly loves to do. Not many people are that lucky.

My friend Regular Jo and sister at Arctic Circle also went on the flights. (Yes, they work for the same company. As well, as my mother-in-law and brother-in-law who is my husband's twin. To make it worse I used to work for the company...but, this is not what this post is about.) Go check out Regular Jo and my sister to see what they said about the B-17 flight.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine being/wanting to be/ wanting my husband to be a pilot!! of course, I'm a giant chicken...

7:16 AM  
Blogger Meira{FB} said...

Wow! Too kewl! Your a brave woman to allow him such a career. You must love him alot!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I just got my pictures and comments posted on my site! I didn't post any pictures of your hubby because I didn't want to post pictures without permission. But if he doesn't mind I'll put a couple in there of him (makes a more interesting picture with a person in there). That's so funny what he said to you. As we got off the plane and were walking away, another guy there (whose initials are "MF"... you can figure it out), put his arm around my shoulders and gave me a squeeze and said "Wasn't that just the coolest thing?" I thought that was sweet.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I should also add that you all will be getting all of the pictures next week.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

How absolutely awesome for your DH. I too am training to get my pilot license, so I can relate to the excitement! Very very cool! Stacie

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh my hubby would be in seventh heaven. he absolutely loves flying, not that he's ever flown a plane lol. Instead he plays this PC game, which involves flying apache's etc..

Mandy :)

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home