Tuesday, June 13, 2006

6.13.06 I'mmmmmm Baaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

Yea, I'm home!! I had a great vacation, the beach was beautiful, our host and hostess were gracious and wonderful as always, my house/pet sitter was the BEST and my babies were glad to see me when I got home. Below is a recap of the vacation sans pictures. I have been trying to upload the pictures to Flickr; but, I am having issues with it. I think I a trying to download too many (or too big of pictures) at a time. I'll play with it some more tonight (if the husband will let me).

Host and Hostess
We stayed with one of my husband's friends and his wife. We'll call them J and B. J and B have a cute home in a nice little neighborhood just 6 miles from Wrightsville Beach, NC. They were so fun to stay with and let us sleep in every day that we were there. They also fed us and taxied us around for 4 days. THANK YOU, J and B, for a wonderful time. We can't wait for you to come to Texas so we can return the favor!

House/Pet Sitter
My sister (http://www.mustlovepolarbears.blogspot.com) stayed at our home and took care of the babies while were out. She is amazing. Not only did she feed, water, love and play with the pets...she also cleaned the apartment. Yep, CLEANED the apartment. She even had our sheets in the dryer when we got home so we would have fresh clean sheets to sleep on when we got home. What a great sister, huh? I love her so much...and not just because she cleaned the apartment. She is the best sister-house/pet sitter in the whole universe! Oh...and she also dropped the rent check (without me asking) for us because I forgot to do that before we left. I'm so lucky!

Airlines, Flights and Airports
The flights were good and smooth except for the VERY fast landing in Charlotte. The pilot came in too fast and we had to come to a screeching halt. My husband, the pilot, LOVED it. I was not impressed with the airport (especially the bathrooms) in Charlotte. The airport in Wilmington is cute. It is so small it only has one terminal. When getting ready to come back home, we were late and missed our return flight; so, we had a choice...stay one more day or re-route through New York City. We chose New York City and saw the Statue of Liberty and Yankee Stadium on our way in. That was cool. We had lunch in NYC and then went home.

Sites & Adventures
Our first day, we spent on Wrightsville Beach. It is a very nice and clean beach. We watched the sunset and then headed "home".

The second day we just hung out around the house and drove around town.

The third day, my husband and I rented a car and explored downtown Wilmington. We ate at a cute place called The George which is on the river walk. We sat outside on the patio and enjoyed the scenery and nice weather. After lunch, we toured the Battleship NORTH CAROLINA. The battleship is a WWII battleship that was at Pearl Harbor when the Japanese bombed it. I recommend this tour to anyone in the area. The tour is self guided and you get to crawl all over and in the ship. It was very interesting to see what is on a naval battleship; it is a world of its own complete with a barber shop, soda fountain, store, operating room, press room, cobbler, tailor, dark room, post office, etc. Next, we toured the Burgwin-Wright House. This house was once used as a headquarters during the American Revolution by Lord Cornwallis. My husband got to hold Cornwallis' seal and I got to see a 1700 original Waterford crystal chandelier!

On Saturday, we went to Kure Beach and toured the aquarium. I LOVE aquariums and could spend all day just looking in the tanks and watching the fish. I also took lots of pictures of all the turtles; but, most of them are blurry. :o( I got a great picture of a Lion Fish though.

Sunday we went home.

Sunshine Pickles and Chloe
J and B have two furry-four-legged children. One baby girl (Sunshine Pickles) is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi that is 5 months old. She is the SWEETEST puppy and I loved seeing her every time we got "home". She got her name from the town she was born in...Mt. Olive, NC where they grow and make Sunshine Pickles. Chloe is a 2 year old tabby/white kitty cat. She was a little skidish at first; but, warmed up to us after a couple of days. Once I get my pictures posted, you can see the results of Sunshine's and Chloe's photoshoot. The are ADORABLE!

Well, that sums it up pretty well. As I said before, we had a really good time in North Carolina and look forward to another visit. I think next time we will stay on the beach...swim during the day and sit on the balcony in the evening. Ahhhhh....

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT time! That's cool that y'all flew to New York on your way home. Can't wait to see pictures. Welcome home!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for being wonderful guests! We really enjoying seeing you guys. I can't wait to see the pics you took. Oh, and I found the frame to match the first one at Walmart today! They look so good! Talk to you later!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I knew you were in NC but I just didn't know where in NC. Welcome back! I have been out of the loop here lately, busy with work. Nice to have you back blogging!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home