Wednesday, August 23, 2006

8.23.06 Frustrations

I haven't posted in a few days and now the first post is going to be a gripe. Well, what are blogs for huh?

Frustration 1: Yesterday, I went (for the second time...long story) to get my car registered. I got stuck in traffic half way there; so, I didn't make it in time. We had a thunderstorm with winds up to 60 mph and the wind knocked down a live power line. The power line stretched across both sides of the road that I was on; so, they completely shut it down. I was in park for one hour and it took me the next hour to go 9/10 of a mile. How frustrating is that? I left work at 5:30 pm and didn't get home until 8:50 pm.

Frustration 2: On the way to get my car registered, I went to the ATM and withdrew cash...$100. The registration office only takes cash and checks with the correct address. My checks don't have the correct address since I just moved and haven't ordered new checks yet. These little rules are one reason this was the second attempt to register my car. Anyway, my husband has offered to register my car during his lunch break today. I need to deposit the money back into my account so my husband can use it today. Well, I look where I put the money yesterday and its not there. I didn't put it in the most secure of places because it was only going to be there long enough for me to drive to the office. So, this means that the money fell out somewhere...either in my car (which I am hoping), in a parking lot somewhere, or on the bus that I take to work. With it being lost cash, there is no hope for recovery. Damn it!

Frustration 3: I am tired. Because I got home late, I started all of my daily after work stuff late and got to bed late. I had to get up earlier than normal today for various reasons. I haven't had the right amount of sleep since last week. I am tired.

Frustration 4: The people who run my apartment complex are idiots. They got the refund check wrong from my old apartment and now I have to argue with them about it. I should have gotten $300 back...the check is $139. What the hell?

Frustration 5: Blogger is stupid. Well, it is probably and I D ten T error (write it out). I D 10 T. I changed the header on my blog; but, for whatever reason it won't show up.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Why is it that all the little things are so frustrating? I need a good massage and a good cup of coffee. MMMM....and ice cream.

Sorry for being so whiney today. I'll post my Wordless Wednesday in such a few minutes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

tomorrow will be better, because tomorrow is Thursday, and that's one day until Friday, and the end of Friday means the weekend.
Hope you find the $!

7:22 AM  
Blogger BKS said...

Sorry to hear about losing the cash. As I told Lee Ann in her blog the other day, we are lucky enough to be able to mail our reginstration renewals in.....do they not give you the option in the metromess? (I am 100 miles North of Dallas)

Better luck today!!
Brad

8:07 AM  
Blogger Haleigh Anne said...

Yes...I could mail it in. I could register online...if, I had not let it run out in July. It's my fault really.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home