Tuesday, May 09, 2006

5.9.06 Scott Adams - Dilbert Blog

The post below is from the Dilbert Blog. As I mentioned in my 100 list, I read the Dilbert Blog by Scott Adams EVERY day. I love this guy!

My Parenting Skills

The other day my future step kids, ages 6 and 8, were playing with my recumbent exercise bike. Their tiny butts both fit on the seat and they each controlled one pedal. I was watching TV nearby and overheard this conversation:

Justin (age 6): “Don’t pedal backwards!”

Savannah (age 8): “Why not?”

Justin: “When you pedal backwards, it makes you weaker!”

Savannah: “No it doesn’t.”

Justin: “It does! Scott told me. Ask him yourself!”

Savannah: “Scott, did you tell Justin that pedaling backwards makes you weaker?”

Me: “Um…I might have.”

It was then that I realized I probably ought to undo some other things I had told them, before they mention those things in school and get put in some sort of slow learner program. So the
next time I was with Justin alone in the car I decided to come clean.

Me: “Justin, you know that medical device I used to determine that you were healthy?”

Justin: “Yes. Where is that thing? I want to see if I’m still healthy.”

Me: “Um…actually, that was just a y-connector for headphones. The reason it never beeped when I touched it to your forehead is that it doesn’t do that. It’s not really a medical device at all.”

Justin: “WHAT??? YOU MEAN I’M NOT HEALTHY???!!!”

Me: “No, no. You are perfectly healthy.”

Justin: “How can you tell?”

Me: “Um…by looking at you. You look healthy to me.”

(Long pause that seemed to say, “You are full of crap.”)

Justin: “Why did you say that thing can tell if I’m healthy?”

Me: “Um…I thought it was…funny.”

(long pause)

Justin: “It’s not funny.”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that too and thought it was cute! That reminds me, I have to go read The Dilbert Blog for today.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

This is cute! lol

I will have to check out the Dilbert Blog.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home