Saturday, June 17, 2006

6.17.06 Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt: Sports

Let me introduce you to our family sport of Mudbug (or Crawdads for the Northerners) Racing. Every year my family and friends gather 'round the Mudbug track and race our favorite mudbug. We name them, set up a bracket of teams and race these suckers.

Here we are at the starting line up. The board on top of the track is removed. Then, at the sound of the cap gun, they're off...

This one looks like a winner to me. What do you think?

Here's Judge Jody. She settles any distubes among the racers. "My antennae corssed the line first!" "Well, my nose crossed first...that's the real winner!" The Mudbugs take this very seriously.

Believe it or not, the sport is quite popular. Look at all the fans!

And the winner is....

**Technical difficulties**Blogger is not letting me post the picture of the winner. Please check back later for the update. Thanks!

...Wolf! The owner was awarded a First Prize Ribbon. The racer was awarded his freedom and was released in the near by river.

To see more pictures of the 2006 Crawdaddy Feast, please visit http://www.stilwellpictures.com/2006_CDF.html

11 Comments:

Blogger -tnchick- said...

hehe - great fun. I'm from the south and we call 'em crawdads!

11:05 AM  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

looks pretty exciting! mine's up! ;)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Cool interpretation!

I played too :)

12:55 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

LOL too cool! Sounds like great fun. I am from Michigan, and we call them crayfish. Good eatin' but it takes a ton of 'em to make enough for just one person! I played too. Stacie

1:35 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That seems to be a lot of fun. Hope we have that here too.
My Photo Hunt is up too.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I've always called them Crawdads and I'm from the South. I've never eaten any but I have eaten frog legs and they're really good.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

That is just wild! Looks like fun :)

7:18 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

You people will do anything for a little entertainment.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay those bugs are huge!! ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, glad we don't have any like that here :)

Mandy

3:31 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

LOL! This is to funny! I'm a southern and we do call them crawdads. lol Great story and great for this weeks hunt!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like lots of fun! Really cool pics. I've seen frogs and turtles race before,but racing crawdads looks way cooler. :P

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home