Saturday, June 24, 2006

6.24.06 Saturday Photo Hunt: Love


When I think of love, I think of my family, my husband and my daughter. This picture was taken one week after my daughter was born. It was the first time either one of us got to hold her. When deciding who would hold her first, I looked at my husband and said, "You go first. I've been holding her for 9 months." When I saw the nurse put our baby in his arms, I was truly breathless. I was so filled with love seeing the two people that I loved most in this world in the same place and together. I have never felt that feeling in my life and haven't felt it since. I expect when we have our next child I will get to experience that kind of love again.

Our daughter, Madison, didn't make it past her 9th day because she was so sick due to severe brain damage caused during labor and delivery. We miss her very much but know that she is no longer suffering and that someday we will see her again. Your Daddy and I love you the most, Madison Marie.

7 Comments:

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That was an awesome picture. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter.
My Photo Hunt is up too.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Haleigh.... way to make me cry.

6:51 PM  
Blogger -tnchick- said...

Aw,now that made tears, girl. That us truly love. I'm so sorry to hear you were only able to have 9 days of her life here on Earth. Thank You for sharing something so precious.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Mama Kelly said...

I am so sorry for your loss
I have no other words

8:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She's so beatiful! You will see her again one day, and you'll all be together. No words can express how sad your loss is, and the love you feel for her. I'm so sorry!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

She is a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see this until now. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. Just remember, God only takes the best :=)

Mandy x

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home