Thursday, August 31, 2006

8.31.06 Bummed Out

I am so bummed out today. Yesterday evening when I got home, I could smell a slight foul odor that suggested that my dog had gone to the apartment AGAIN. This will be the fourth time in about a month. (To get the beginning of the story, go here.) My good friend Regular Jo has started a petition (which I thought was funny and sweet) to keep my dog "out of jail". Well, we let her stay inside thinking that maybe it was the wet food that was making her go more than usual and that she couldn't help it. She hasn't had wet food in over a week and she still had an accident. She is a WELL trained dog and she KNOWS better. What is wrong with my dog? I am getting so tired of the crap (no pun intended...I know it is a bad one). So, the moral of the story is the dog is staying outside. I wanted to put her outside after the 2nd and 3rd time; however, in the mornings, my husband leaves after I do so it is up to him to put her outside. He doesn't and that frustrates me too. Another thing...my husband was not going to tell me about this 4th accident. He cleaned it up and put it in the trash can. His intention was to take out the trash before I got home so I would never know. That is more than frustrating.

**Note to all Men: Yes. She will get mad, upset or frustrated over some things...maybe not at you but at that thing. However, if you lie or try to cover it up and she finds out (and we usually do), she will be REALLY PISSED OFF AT YOU AND EXPECT FOR HER TO TAKE IT OUT ON YOU. To avoid this...just be honest in the first place, please.**

I am kind of slamming my husband here and he really is a great guy. His intentions are good and he is just trying to make me happy. I will brag on him right now to counteract the negativity. My sweet, cute, really HOT, smart and sexy husband made dinner last night and cleaned the kitchen when we were finished. He made appetizer which were these great little pastries made with Brie cheese, phyllo and strawberry dipping sauce. They were very yummy. The main course was spaghetti with a meat sauce topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a side of French garlic bread.

OK...back to being bummed. On the way to work, my bus was late and I got asked for the 4th time if I was pregnant. No. I am not pregnant. I just look like it which really bums me out. Some of you will be saying, "Well, lose weight then." #1. Easier said than done. #2. I am trying. #3. If you have never had to lose a significant amount of weight, you have NO room to talk. #4. It's hard. #5. The world, society and your body constantly work against you. #6. It SUCKS! I haven't always been overweight. I gained most of my weight during college and when I lost my daughter. I am a stress eater and I pack it on when the road gets really bumpy. I know you all will have good intentions with your comments; but, please no comments or encouragement about losing weight. I just can't hear it today.

I know these complaints don't add up to a really bummed out day; but, I am tired again (which I don't understand since I have been going to bed earlier than usual) and I haven't had my morning dose of caffeine and friendship. I'll perk up in a minute. But, right now I am going to wallow in my whiny-ness.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vanda said...

I was wondering if any thing has changed in your dogs life? That's why he's pooping inside. It might be worth talking it over with your vet just in case. Just a thought.

Virtual hugs.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is just a suggestion, b/c I know they are pricy, but maybe a doggy door would work, maybe not!
Husbands are great at making up aren't they! His appetizer sounds delicious!
**HUGS** Hope you have a great weekend!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I have quite a few comments:

You saw how much good my petition did, huh? I think you got one other comment besides mine.

I also try to hide the animals "messes" from my husband (IF I get to them first), because I know how much it upsets him, AND because I usually don't want to have to listen to him bitch about it, because sometimes he goes on and on and.... You get the picture. I'm not saying that's what you do though!

Wow! That dinner sounded yummy! Bie, phyllo, and strawberry dipping sauce?? What a guy!

I don't know when people will learn to NEVER, EVER, EVER!! say anything to a woman about being pregnant unless she has specifically told you that she is. I'm sure if I wasn't so old, I'd be getting comments like that too. But it's just rude! I know they probably mean well, but they should keep their traps shut!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home