Tuesday, May 09, 2006

5.9.06 The Letter B

Saw this over at Views From the Back Row and wanted to play. He gave me the letter “B”. Why not a cool letter like “H” or “M”?? Anyway…

This is how it works: Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along.

Bare – I love bare feet. If I didn’t have to wear shoes, I wouldn’t most of the time.

Bear – I call the people closest to me Bear. My daughter, husband and dog are the only ones I have ever called Bear.

Baby – This word can be a tough one for me. My husband and I had a baby 3 ½ years ago; however, she only lived for 9 days. I miss her terribly and living with a “ghost” title like Mom is hard for me sometimes.

Bolt – Here is one definition: “A large roll of cloth of a definite length, especially as it comes from the loom.” Since I quilt, I look at many bolts of fabric. It is a dream of mine to have a closet like my aunt Glenda. She has an 8 X 9 closet full (from floor to ceiling) with bolts of fabric.

Back – I could have a back massage EVERY day for the rest of my life.

Blank – I don’t know if I really understand the meaning of this word. I never have a blank mind; it is constantly going. Blank paper…I write or draw on it. Blank space in my 600 sq. foot apartment? Are you kidding?

Book – I am a bibliophile. I LOVE books and always have. A book is one of the best material gifts a person can give me.

Bored – I get bored easily and focusing on one thing is hard for me. I have never been diagnosed with ADD and don’t think I have it; however, my mom has seen and mentioned that I have the tendencies. We have also decided that they (whoever “they” are) have mis-named ADD. It is not an attention problem…it is a focus problem. People with ADD pay attention to every little thing; and, therefore, can not focus. Am I rambling or what? Too bad “tangents” doesn’t start with “B”.

Brother – I am still very close to my brother. He was my best friend growing up. My husband has a twin brother and is VERY close to him. I tell everyone that when you marry a twin you marry the other one too.

Breeze – Every day when I get home, I open the windows and sliding doors in my apartment so I can feel the summer breeze brush against my skin as I read a book in my bed covered by my blue comforter.

That is enough Bs for me! What to play? Let me know and I’ll send you a letter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I want to play!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

This is cool! I'll take one :)

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home