Wednesday, September 27, 2006

9.27.06 Someone Up Above Loves Cruel Jokes

Mean title? I know. But, this morning there was one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen. The colors, the clouds and the sky were perfect. As I was driving to work, I past an old church that has a decorative bell tower. With the perfect sunrise as a backdrop, the picture of this church would have been divine. All I could think was "Argh...this would be perfect for my calendar! Why do I have to work? Why can't I just be late because I had to spend most of the morning capturing this magnificent and majectic display of divine beauty?"

Maybe there is a message instead of a joke. Maybe I need to learn to just look at the beautiful things in life and enjoy them instead of trying to turn it into a money making profit for myself. Hummmmmmmm........

3 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

Yes. Accept that "gift"... be thankful for it... and move on! Of course... I always keep my camera with me so when I run across a rainbow I can STOP and take a picture! I like to "collect" God's gifts! Must be SOME way to balance those scales - huh?

7:32 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I saw that same sunrise! It really was beautiful!

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often have those thoughts.. not about money making, but wishing I didn't have to go to work and laze around all day taking beautiful shots of various things.. but we live in the real world.. unfortunately :=(

Mandy

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home