Sunday, September 24, 2006

9.24.06 I'm Glad To Be Home

The trip to St. Louis was nice; but, I am glad to be home. I went to St. Louis for the NADOA Conference. The classes were good and the hotels (Adam's Mark and Hyatt Regency at Union Station) were nice. But, since I went by myself, I was a little lonely. I knew some people at the conference; but, not well enough to hang out with them. I also didn't want to latch on to someone and be a bother to them. So, I kept to myself for the most part. Friday night (the last night I was there) was great. I met up with some of the people I knew (21 in all) and we all went out to dinner at The Hill. The Hill is the Italian section of St. Louis that has some great restaurants and other attractions. We ate at this little Italian restaurant that was one of the best places I have ever eaten...unfortunately, I can not remember the name...but, the food and the home-made gelatto were DIVINE.

My first hotel (Adam's Mark) was literally across the street from the arch. I was excited since that was the one thing I had to do before I left St. Louis. After I checked in and got my luggage to my room, I crossed the street and went to the top of the arch. The ride to the top was SCARY but the view was pretty awesome and worth the trip to the top. I am a little disappointed I didn't get to see more places (Botanical Gardens with the Chihuly exhibit, the Anheuser-Busch brewery, St. Louis Zoo, etc.). Oh well...maybe next time.

Why two hotels? Long story...boring details. But, I will say the second hotel, the Hyatt, was fabulous and where I am staying the next time I am in St. Louis. I would recommend the Hyatt at Union Station to anyone.

Below are the best pictures from my trip. Enjoy!

Blogger is not letting me post more than one picture...I'll try to post the other pictures later....Sorry for the wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great pic. I have the same problem with blogger. The hotels and restaurant sound wonderful. Glad you had a good time!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Hill is wonderful- sorry you were lonely- I knew I was going to be out of town, or I'd have come over. I've heard mixed reviews of Chiluly- we still haven't made it over there.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I lived in the St Louis area for about 13 years :) I still need to get back there and take my boys up in the arch too. We've taken them to the zoo, Grant's Farm, Magic House, and some other places there, but not the arch yet. Glad you had a good time for the most part.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home