Friday, December 15, 2006

12.15.06 I can't bake...but, I think I could handle this recipe



We had a Holiday Cookie Exchange at the office yesterday. I was the one that instigated the whole idea and the one who organized it. I sent out cute little invitations on card stock and everything. Well, when it came time to bake my cookies, I had a TOTAL DISASTER!

I have tried baking cookies in the past and they rarely to never work out. They are too big and run together, they taste funny (probably because of a forgotten ingredient or a mis-measured ingredient), they don't cook all the way through, they are burned...pick a reason and I promise I have that one covered.

I waited until the last minute to bake my cookies. I had total confidence in myself and knew that this time would be different. Ha! When I had everything mixed together, my batter was not sticking together. I called my dad for help. He knew immediately (without even looking at it) that I had not added the eggs. Ugh! How did he know that? So, I added the eggs at the end. I also realized I had forgotten the vanilla; so, I added that too. The mixture was already tough to stir so the eggs and the vanilla didn't mix in all the way. I thought it would be fine.

The first batch I baked were too big and joined together to make one big cookie. My supportive husband said, "Just change the name to cakies." Isn't he sweet?

The second batch burned on the ends and were not cooked in the middle. Ugh! My sweet husband said, "Well...they're not too bad". He was smiling really big and trying to be helpful.

I got frustrated and threw out everything. I swore off baking and said I would never try again. My sweet, suportive, trying to be helpful husband said, "Haven't you ever heard 'Practice makes Perfect'? You really need to try again until you get it right." "Not tonight," I said.

I called a bakery the next morning and ordered 3 dozen cookies. Since then, I have found this cookie recipe and have decided to try it. I think this recipe is more my style. :)

Christmas Cookie Recipe

1 cup of water

1 tsp baking soda

1 cup of sugar

1 tsp salt

1 cup of brown sugar

2 tsp lemon juice

4 large eggs

1 cup nuts

2 cups of dried fruit

1 bottle Crown Royal

Sample the Crown to check quality.

Take a large bowl, check the Crown again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer...Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.

Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again.

At this point it's best to make sure the Crown is still OK, try another cup, just in case.

Turn off the mixer thingy.

Check the Crown Royal.

Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit...Pick the frigging fruit off floor.

Check the Crown Royal.

Mix on the turner.

Check the Crown Royal.

If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a dewscriver.

Check the Crown Royal for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who giveshz a sheet.

Check the Crown Royal.

Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.

Add one table.

Add a spoon of ar, or somefink. Whatever you can find.

Check the Crown Royal.

Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.

Don't forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window, Finish the bottle of Crown Royal.

Make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

CHERRY MISTMAS

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about your Cookies. Your husband is so sweet! My husband will be the one supervising making sure I've followed the recipe.
LOL! That is the funniest thing I've read all week!
How's your hand? Much better I hope!
Happy Friday!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Redhead Editor said...

I wanna bake cookies with you and the Crown Royal!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I've always loved that cookie recipe, along with the fruitcake version too :)

12:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww....wish we could be together to make cookies. 'Course, it took me a week to make my fancy schmancy ones....Well, an evening to make and bake and a week to decorate.

I made choco-oat chip cookies on Wednesday when we had all that snow. They are already half gone.
Your hubby is right, practice makes perfect.
Never give up...never surrender.

Heheheee, can you guess which movie that comes from? I'm such a dork.
♥Pam

9:17 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

That's too funny! But why would someone who can't bake cookies organize a Christmas cookie exchange? Whatever.... I'm sure y'all had a great time! HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home