Wednesday, May 17, 2006

5.17.06 Happy Dance


::Happy Dance::Happy Dance::Happy Dance:: I have my OWN computer at home now!!! I can not tell you how excited I am! In December, I switched jobs. My previous employer had bought me a computer so that I could work from home. When I left that company in December, I had to give the computer back. Luckily two years ago, (for me...not my husband...you'll see why in a minute), I had purchased an AWESOME computer for my husband; so, we were not completely computerless. I am a computer hog and I spent most of our evening time on THE computer. My husband was frustrated most nights; but, being the sweetie that he is, he never said anything. He usually waited until I was finished (no matter what time it was) before he took his turn.

One night, my husband (who I need to give a cute little nickname so I can quit saying "my husband...my husband") said, "Tomorrow night I get the computer. You don't touch it, look at it, think about it. I have a new game that I haven't even played yet." (OK..he said the first and last lines...I added the other for effect.) I felt bad...I really did. So, I bought me a computer. It was really a great deal. My current employer replaces our computers every three years and gives us the option to buy our old ones. My old computer is a nice computer complete with keyboard, mouse, speakers and a 20'' UltraSharp monitor (which my husband is jealous of). The price? $210. Not bad. The coolest part of the whole deal is...instead of paying my company for the computer, I made a donation to the American Cancer Society for $210 and I got the computer for "free".

My company gets rid of a computer they don't want. The American Cancer Society gets a donation. The donation is tax deductible. I don't have to feel guilty for spending time on MY NEW COMPUTER!

Yes...I'm a nerd...but, I am a nerd with a new computer. Can you tell I am excited?

4 Comments:

Blogger Vanda said...

LOL yes I can tell how excited you are LOL.

My hubby does never uses my computers, never every. Ahhhh the sweet joy of having the lappy all to myself. So yes I sure can understand how you feel.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Attila the Mom said...

Congrats!!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I'm excited for you! It has to be hard to not have your own computer.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's great! I know my husband needs a new one. He's tired of sharing ours he wants his own.
Congratulations, I know you must be so excited!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home