Monday, October 02, 2006

10.02.06 Quote of the Month: October

To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ~Katherine Paterson

Happy October, fellow quoters! I’ve been enjoying the fall weather (not the allergies though). :o)

Many of you may be aware that today would have been Madison’s 4th birthday. I have had some people over the years want to do something in her memory. Last year or the year before, my mother-in-law had a great idea. She donated a gift to Children’s hospital. This morning, I called the Child Life Department at Children’s and asked what they needed most. The answer was infant toys with lots of music and lights (V-Tech or Sassy are the best brands). The toys should be all plastic so that they can be cleaned between patients’ use. Target and Toys R Us are great places to find the type of toys Children’s hospital needs. I will be dropping off toys at Children’s sometime this week. If any of you plan to donate gifts but don’t have the time to take them to Children’s, I will be happy to take them for you.

Thank you all for your thought and prayers this month. We feel the love you send.
**That was the Quote of the Month letter I sent out this morning. Below are some pictures of the types of toys I will be buying and taking to the hospital here in Dallas. I encourage all of you to make a difference in a child's life this month and donate your time, money, gifts, prayers and thoughts to the very special little ones who may not spend too much time here on Earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home