Thursday, July 20, 2006

7.20.06 Skipping Shot Gun Pellets

Read this first.

I have been missing from the blogging community for sometime now and I have been trying to decide how I would make my grand re-enterance (or if I would at all). Leesa explained my life so well in her post I thought I would just use/steal it for a little while. I feel like I have been skipping so many rocks that the ripples have combined, canceled each other out or swallowed me whole. I am in a swirling vortex that won't let me out.

One excuse to my MIA status is that we don't have an internet connection at the house. The bill is paid, I have called the phone company, they assure me the connection is there...that is as far I as can get with this rock. I don't have time or the patience to mess with it any more. Yes, it is frustrating knowing that I am paying for a service that I can't use. I will try and re-skip this rock later.

Excuse two...I have been ULTRA busy at work. I work in the oil and gas business...enough said. I am busy every day. Yesterday at 5:15 PM, I realized that I hadn't had lunch or a break for the entire day. Why can't I slow down? The work will be there tomorrow, right? Skipping this rock too much.

Excuse three...I am on a committe at work that unofficially is called the "Fun" committe. We plan all of the employee activities, birthday celebrations, etc. For the last two weeks, a co-worker and I have been planning a Putt-Putt tournament that we are having inside the office. I have designed the course, bought all the materials for it and am building it with the help of ONE (yes, ONE) other person from the committee. I live Putt-Putt...I breathe Putt-Putt...I am Putt-Putt. I want to puke Putt-Puttt. Sorry...but, I am getting tired. Are we skipping rocks or golf balls?

Excuse four...Most days, I feel like I am losing my mind. Seriously. I shake from the inside out for no reason. I have panic attacks for no reason. I yell at my husband and pets for no reason. I hold it together for work; but, once I get home, I am exhausted. I feel like I have too much going on in my life; but, when I look to see what I can cut out, I don't see options. Are there too many rocks or not enough or am I still talking about rocks?

Excuse five...If I was to blog, all my posts would read like this one. This is not me. I don't like it. Remember my fun and light blog from a few months ago? Where did that girl go? She sunk with all the other rocks.

Excuse six...I have quit taking pictures. My passions. My outlet. My delight. The core of my blog. Gone.

Sorry to bum you guys out; but, aaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhh, I can't get out of this funk. Maybe, if I get it out on "paper", it will go away. Let's try that. I am going to post every day for a while and see if that helps. I have used writing as theapy before and it did help...more than anyone could ever guess. Since this will be a little rocky for a while, please excue any spelling errors, gramtical errors, weird comments, etc. Please stick with me...it will get better and back to normal.

Thanks for being there readers. Look forward to seeing you all again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome venting session!! I agree you should blog frequently again as it seems to be an excelent punching bag!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

No problems, we'll be here waiting!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love the comparison of skipping rocks and the ripples and all that. It is hard sometimes just to deal with life in general. Little things like getting your internet connection back become so frustrating! I hope you find some relief soon. I really really enjoyed dinner last night! Let's do it more often... as soon as I have money again. If there's anything I can do to help, you know I will.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home