Monday, October 23, 2006

10.23.06 Angels Among Us

The song Angels Among Us by Alabama is a special song for my family. My sister called a radio station and dedicated the song to my daughter the night she was born. We played the song during my daughter's memorial service to say "thank you" to all those angels that supported us through that horrible time in our lives. And, the song has "popped" up in several places at just the right moment...enough to give you chills and fill your eyes with tears. Today, I had one of those moments.

Today, my husband is taking the written part of his pilot exam for a private pilot license for helicopters. He is very nervous about the test because flying is so important to him. He will do very well. I know he will. I knew that he would be taking the test around 2 PM this afternoon. I usually listen to the radio at work; but, I had it turned down for a good while because I was talking with a friend. When she left my office, I realized it was 2 PM. I closed my eyes and thought about my husband...trying to send strength and encouragement to him through my thoughts. As I was concentrating on him, I turned up my radio to an audible level and the song was playing. Can you believe that? Our special song was playing. To me, that was God telling me that we were going to be just fine. It couldn't get any clearer than that.

Here are the lyrics to the song:

Angels Among Us

Written by Becky Hobbs

I was walking home from school on a cold winter day.
Took a shortcut through the woods, and I lost my way.
It was getting late, and I was scared and alone.
But then a kind old man took my hand and led me home.
Mama couldnt see him, but he was standing there.
And I knew in my heart, he was the answer to my prayers.

Chorus
Oh I believe there are angels among us.
Sent down to us from somewhere up above.
They come to you and me in our darkest hours.
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give.
To guide us with a light of love.

When life held troubled times, and had me down on my knees.
Theres always been someone there to come along and comfort me.
A kind word from a stranger, to lend a helping hand.
A phone call from a friend, just to say I understand.
And aint it kind of funny that at the dark end of the road.
Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope.

Chorus

They wear so many faces, show up in the strangest places.
To guide us with their mercy, in our time of need.

Chorus

To guide us with a light of love.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's so real and amazing. Isn't it a wonderful feeling to know everything will be allright. I do believe God has Angels watching out for us. Your husband will do great. Thanks for sharing such a speacial song! :P

11:13 AM  
Blogger Redhead Editor said...

With all the love and support surrounding him, I am positive he will do great on his test.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home